Chocolate Cake – Kladdkaka
The last post “Finally the Snow” reminded us the Nordic countries, especially Sweden and Norway, were we had the chance to live for almost one year. And what does Sweden remind us? The chocolate cake, the so-called kladdkaka.
Only who has tried it can say that it is the most delicious chocolate cake in the world… Try to believe!
Today we baked the cake. It is really easy but we assure you that the result will be amazing!
Here you can find the recipe:
- 150 g butter
- 3 dl sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 dl flour
- 1 krm salt
- Set the oven at 200°C and make the baking tin ready greasing it with butter and coconut flakes (or sugar)
- Melt the butter and let it cool down
- Mix together sugar, vanilla sugar, and eggs
- Add the melted butter
- Mix flour, cacao powder and salt and add it to the sugar/eggs
- Put the batter in the tin and then inside the oven for 20-25 minutes
7. Take the cake out of the oven and sprinkle it with powdered sugar
We suggest you to eat it with whipped cream!
Remember: kladdkaka is famous for its warm and melty heart.. so pay attention at how long the cake stays in the oven.
Let us know if you like it!